Monday, July 27, 2009

Busy Weekend!

This was quite a busy week and weekend. We had a sick boy since last Tuesday. He has an awful fever and he was up and down until Saturday. So between work and painting our place and cleaning and caring for Tyler we were quite busy.
My mom and nan took the ferry from Newfoundland on Friday night so on Saturday I drove to New Glasgow to meet them. I decided to take the bridge and drive around because with my morning sickness still a craze and Tyler just starting to come around I did not want to chance the boat alone with the two boys. The bridge route took me 3 hours, it was quite the jot. But I have to say the boys were great. Thank god for DVD players and Indiana Jones movies. We made it just in time to see Mom and Nan come off the bus and then it was off to catch the boat. We made it home at suppertime so it was quite a day of driving and I was exhausted. Lee spend his day bringing power to and wiring a shed and worked for 12 hours straight so he too was tired and we where both out by 8:30 and slept for the night. Thanks to my mom for telling us to go to bed and she would take care of the boys.
We had a birthday party for Corey and Sonja‘s son Andrew at Shining Waters in Cavendish yesterday. It was a blast. First time we have been there but guaranteed that it will not be that last. It was great. They had a BBQ and presents and the cake outside the park at 12:00 and then around 1:00 we went inside and it was just filled with excitement for the kids and the parents too! We did not get to do the whole park; we wanted to stay with the group so we spent most of the day in the water park. Ryan and Tyler loved the kiddie’s water slide and water park. We didn’t leave until close to 5:30 and then ended up stopping for an ice cream in Brackley. So by the time we landed home it was close to 7:30 and this time all of us where out by 9:00.
The kids are home with my mom this week and they are loving the attention and getting EVERYTHING they want…. LOL Ryan is definitely off to Newfoundland on Sunday and Tyler is well…… he is going one minute and staying with mommy and daddy the next. Heheh soo we will see! It was a great weekend and I am soo happy to see my Mom and Nan and get to spend the week with them. I am sure it will be a great week! I will post a link to pics of shining waters soon….. Oh yeah and I will post one of my funky burn…. Haha I covered the boys in sunscreen and forgot myself….. ouch I hurt!!!!! I have a hand print on my arm which I am assume is from touching my arm with leftover sunscreen from the boys……….

No comments:

Post a Comment