Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lost little boy:(

Me, Mom, Nan and Tyler went to the Atlantic Superstore last night to get some groceries. I decided to run and get my prescription filled when they were in the produce section. Mom came over with Tyler and told me that he needed to go to the bathroom and went back to the cart. Tyler then decided that he didn’t need to pee anymore and wanted to go with nanny, so I took him around the corner and pointed to mom who was literally 5 feet away and said there is nanny stay with her. Mom was back on to us looking at the groceries so we never caught her eye. I assumed he was with her while she assumed that he was still with me. So I continued waiting to get my prescription and heard the announement over the system. “A little boy has been lost, his name is Conner. Would his mom please come to the customer service desk and get him.” The announcement sent shivers down my spine, I just can’t imagine how fearful it is for a little boy to lose his mom or dad. I continued waiting for my prescription and while paying for it I heard the exact same announcement again, “A little boy has been lost, his name is Conner. Would his mom please come to the customer service desk and get him”. I started walking to find Mom, Nan and Tyler and just had this awful feeling. I turned around and then went to the customer service desk, I just knew in my heart that that little boy was not Conner it was Tyler and sure enough when I got to the desk there he was wearing his favorite blue hat, eating a banana and sobbing away. I just starting bawling and ran and took him and with the shock and fear and everything else, I just yelled out "his name is not Connor his name is Tyler" and took him and ran to find mom. I felt so bad but I was so mesmerized and could not shake the feeling that I really did not know what to do. My poor baby was left by his self for at least 20 minutes and I can’t imagine how that felt for him. When Mom and Nan seen me coming down the aisle holding him and the both of us where crying they just lost it too so there was the four of us standing in a circle bawling and all the shoppers thinking that we were crazy! Ohh my I am soo thankful to god that he let me know that it was Tyler that was lost! I always believe that the bond between and mother and child is unbreakable and I am so glad that my maternal instincts and that bond allowed me know that it was Tyler sitting at the counter waiting for me! I can’t shake the feeling of “what ifs” but I know I just have to be thankful that I have him! Oh yeah and I did go back and thank the staff once I calmed down and was able to talk!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - Thank God! That could have been much worse, I'm almost crying myself just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete